Monday, May 14, 2007

A Birthday Weekend


This weekend we had a birthday party for my second son, Sam. He turned 11 this weekend. We had about thirty-five kids here. I had to work (on a Sunday morning!), but when I got home, I did a quick run to Maluk to buy some balloons for the party and searched around for some party hats, but Maluk isn’t exactly brimming with party shops.

I did the usual this weekend – cut the grass, raked up some of it, corrected math papers, spent some time working out how to get around the company’s blocking of websites until I can get us on an independent provider.

We had some visitors from Bali today (adult children of neighbors), and they did a tour of the area. They were going on about how beautiful the beaches are here. They sure are, and it’s a shame that I rarely get out to them anymore. One of the things that I’m going to do during my last year here is spend some time at the beach because what’s the point of living on a remote island if you don’t spend time at the beach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing Sam a wonderful birthday!It looks like a heavenly place where you live in. Wish I could spend some quiet moments there!Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Thanks carol. It was a good party.