Thursday, July 05, 2007

some fourth of july lessons


July 4, 2007

Watching the sunset from the balcony this evening. A friend called to wish congratulations. I had a difficult time figuring out what the congrartulations were for. I got it eventually. Maybe I have been in Asia a long time. I remember shopping for my wife for some specialized medicine in Singapore 15 years ago or so. I can still remember the route from the hotel to the shop. But then again, I can still remember being at a Cubs game on the Fourth of July, so I guess the remembrance game washes out.

I’m kind of laid up today. I fell down the third floor stairs last night. Kind of embarrassing as I just told I friend who was commenting on the steepness of the stairs that I have never fallen down them in 9 years. Great. Now I have two feet that are somewhat the worse for wear. The lesson for today is not to spray antique carvings with insect repellent while you are walking down steep stairs.

No comments: