Friday, August 21, 2009

Life in the Tropics: Moving Overseas

I've decided to use my blogger blogs as the place for several series of blogs that I want to write about living in the tropics. I started this series over on my blog at Wordpress, but never got beyond the first blog which I am reprinting here as the beginning of this series.

Here is the first site in my series on Moving Overseas. Living in the Philippines is a site for the expat who wants to move to the Philippines, or is considering the Philippines as a potential home.

Don A. Herrington is the creator of this site. He has been living in the Philippines since 1989, and currently resides in Cebu. Don has a Filipina wife and has been around the Philippines as long as I’ve been in Indonesia. A lot of the advice he offers is similar to the advice that I offer to potential Bali expats. Some of the topics that he covers are:

• What Do You Need to visit the Philippines?
• Why Will You Want to Live, Retire, Travel or Do Business in the Philippines?
• Why Will You Love the Philippines, the Filipinas, and Filipinos?
• Do You Want to Find Romance in the Philippines?
• Do You Want An Expat’s Life with Maids, Helpers, Drivers, Eating In and Out, Amenities?
• Lifestyles – Costs – Who is Here
• Manila and the Other Places To Live
• Maids, Domestic Helpers, Nurses, Employees Eating in and Out
• What Will You Need To be in the Philippines?
• How Can You Have A Job, Business, Investments in the Philippines?
• Join Our Discussion List
• How Can You Get More first hand information, on how to Live, Retire, Travel and Do Business in the Philippines?
• How Can This Website, Free Mailing List and I Can Help You Have A Happy Life here?
• Living in the Philippine Provinces

If you’re interested in living in the Philippines, take a look at Don’s site.

No comments: