Thursday, February 22, 2007

Macs and Windows

Last month I bought my first Mac in over 8 years. The switch from Macs to PCs was originally done because of the difficulty with getting Macs serviced in Bali, as well as the difficulty of buying software and connecting to the Internet. The Internet connection problem no longer is an issue in Bali, nor is getting the Mac repaired if need be. Software is still an issue, however, as I've yet to find Mac software in Bali.

But...I do love my new Mac. I purchased the 20 inch iMac, and it's great. It just seems to run much more smoothly than my PCs. Of course, I do still have the software problem, but I'll be in Bangkok next month so I'm hoping to find Mac software there.

4 comments:

Julee said...

No mac centres to buy softwares? I guess im the only one that shifts back to a PC due to my studies. Sigh :(

Susan said...

Welcome back!

I have a Win XP machine on my desk at work, but in the evenings, the machine I play with and enjoy is my trusty old iBook.

Singapore has lots of Apple Stores. Let me know if you ever want to order ahead and send it to my place so it is here when you come to town. I find the stores can get a lot of software, but they don't stock much of it.

Unknown said...

Thanks Susan. I appreciate the offer. You can never tell these days when we'll end up in Singapore.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm a Mac convert as well (last 4 years or so) and I will never go back to PC's. Life is just so much nicer with a Mac.

After just finishing Dan Pink's A Whole New Mind, I'm starting to think that my appreciation of the Mac aesthetic is my right-brain talking - and I like it!